Wednesday 21 August 2013

Believing God



Believing God was given to me by a very dear friend years ago.  I picked it up many times but never really seemed to get far, although I’ve no idea why!

In the book Beth Moore looks at how we are not to simply believe in God but we also should believe Him.  We can believe that God exists but have completely wrong ideas about who He is or who He says we are.

The book looks at five statements that, if we were to really and truly hold on to, would change our lives and faith.  The five statements are:

1. God is who He says He is,
2. God can do what He says He can do,
3. I am who God says I am,
4. I can do all things through Christ, and
5. God's Word is alive and active in me.

The book spends different chapters exploring these five statements – what belief in them includes and how that would transform us.


I’m so glad I finally got through the book!  It was so good to be reminded of the truths of who God is and who He says I am.   

No comments:

Post a Comment