Monday 17 June 2013

A Pair of Ducks, Yays and Yucks



The sunset at Malenovice, Josiah Venture's training facility that is near where I'll be living and working.  It is such a beautiful part of the world!

Kori Strock is serving in the Czech Republic and she went to Missionary Training on the course before the one I was on.  She has written a wonderful piece of the paradox of heading overseas as a cross-cultural missionary that can be found here.  

Although some of the specifics are different, I'll be missing rainy Northern Ireland instead of Alaska, I found myself agreeing with so much of her post!  Please check it out if you have the time.

I am so excited about what God has called me to in Central and Eastern Europe!  But I'd be foolish to think there won't also be hard things - being so far from family and friends, learning a new language and other different things.  These hard things will make the joys greater and I know that God has called me to the hard things as much as the easy things.

I will strive to use this place to be authentic, to share with you the joys and the struggles of living and serving in Czech.  Thank you all so much for being a part of this journey and for your support and encouragement as I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment